Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sour Cream Pancakes. Do it.

In my last post I promised to deliver many recipes and pictures of said recipes on the double. Here I am, fulfilling my promise...I'm even starting out with something that should be mandated by law as something you eat weekly. If not daily.

SOUR CREAM PANCAKES.

See all those nice air pockets forming? Oh yeah...

Now, before your lip curls up like my brother's did and you go, "Ewww, sour CREAM pancakes? That sounds horrible!" Let me tell you, well... you're wrong. Just plain wrong. These pancakes are not weighted down by a ton of flour or sugar... they are light and fluffy and soft and practically melt in your mouth. I actually ate a stack without any syrup or butter, they were JUST THAT GOOD. You must trust me. Do this. For your children. For your children's children. You won't regret it.

Sour Cream Pancakes

recipe by The Pioneer Woman, linked here.

1 cup of Sour Cream

7 TBSP All Purpose Flour

2 TBSP Sugar

1 tsp  Baking Soda

1/2 tsp Salt

2 Large Eggs

1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

1) Get your ingredients & your Kindle open to your recipe!

I was ridiculously excited about this.

Now, shanghai your little sister into cracking your eggs into a bowl.

STOP BITING YOUR NAILS, SHELBY!

Then have her add in your vanilla.

Nice modelling Shel.

WHISK!

I told her that if she spilled I'd beat her with the whisk. That's what siblings are for, right?

2) In a separate bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients.

Sugar sugar...awwww honey honey...

3) In a big bowl, plop in your sour cream. I know it looks like a LOT but I was making a triple batch.

I will never use you solely for baked potatoes again.

4) Now mix your dry ingredients into your sour cream until just mixed.

ACTION SHOT!

Don't be afraid of the lumps.

Looks kind of like really awesome butter.

5) Now, add your egg mixture!

ACTION SHOT #2!
Now nicely mix all that together. Again, don't be afraid of lumps. They will be there. They will not hurt anything.

Sorry about the horrid lighting...we had not a hint of sun that day.

Now, heat up your griddle to medium-low. DO NOT RUSH COOKING THESE! Spread some butter or oil on the griddle to get some non-stick action. Spoon about a 1/4th of a cup of batter on your griddle and wait. These suckers spread out pretty good, so don't get crazy and go for the full 1/2 cup.

Mmm...the smell.

Wait for it...

HURRY! I MUST EAT YOU!

And FLIP!

I'm not an awesome flipper.

See how nice and golden brown they got? THAT'S what you want. None of this beige barely touched the heat crap. These WILL NOT FLIP gracefully if they are undercooked because they are very soft. Then you'll be forced to eat them directly off the griddle before they burn because you won't be able to scoop them off without destroying them. You'll burn your mouth, you'll decide they are heavenly, go for more, and the cycle of burned mouth abuse continues. After about 2-3 minutes or so, they should be done on the second side. Plate those bad boys up and eat them! EAT THEM ALL!!!

Fork, spoon, shovel... whatever you need. Just get them in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment